“5. When something funny happens to you on the way to work, you tell a co-worker or friend about it instead of your significant other.” Once you stop talking to your him or her about the cool stuff it’s over.
1. You’re already scouting other “options” — perhaps even laying some groundwork through text.
2. You continue to harp on the fact that you’re missing out on things your relationship has prevented you from experiencing (like mindless Tinder swiping, or consistent late night pizza adventures) and have convinced yourself that these are things that you really would’ve enjoyed.
3. You can go entire dinners without saying anything to each other, and it’s beginning to get awkward.
4. Your respective interests are diverging rather than converging.
5. When something funny happens to you on the way to work, you tell a co-worker or friend about it instead of your significant other.
6. Sometimes, you genuinely dread sex.
7. Other times, you find yourself going through the motions.
8. And the times that it’s fulfilling, you find yourself getting uncharacteristically aggressive; either channeling your frustration, or fantasizing about someone else.
View original post 379 more words