Don’t be the guy making excuses when instead you can be making promises.
1. It cost too much. That’s literally not true; research is fast and easy.
2. Nice restaurants have slow nights, usually Monday- Wednesdays. Wine bottles 50% off. Extended happy hours. Waiters that are generous.
3. Order for her. Aggression, taking control is attractive. Ask her if she’s allergic to anything and then order. Don’t demand but ask without forcing. This way you know to order something good and you control the cost. I look up the menu and read reviews for every new restaurant I go to.
4. Always carry cash to tip well. Women may not always mention it but they notice the tip.
5. Laugh and smile without being silly.