The mother found her six-year-old son dead on the bathroom floor after contracting Streptococcus A

Schoolboy Brodie Lee Morgan was discovered by his family at around 7.30am at home, in Newbridge, south Wales, last November.

At least 40 children have died in the latest Strep A outbreak in the UK, including five children in Wales since September 12.

A post-mortem examination carried out by Dr Andrew Bamber, a pathologist at North Bristol NHS Trust, gave a medical cause of death as group A streptococcal sepsis.

In a tribute following the child’s death, his family said:

“Brodie was very outgoing. He absolutely loved going out and playing with his friends and looked forward to going to school to see his friends.

The mother found her six-year-old son dead on the bathroom floor after contracting Streptococcus A

He had recently started taking taekwondo and Spanish lessons after school, which he really enjoyed and was excited to continue doing.”

“Brodie was the most loved child imaginable and with the support of friends and family by Jamie Lee we can help her cope with the devastating impact the situation has had on her life.”

A fundraiser set up in the schoolboy’s memory has raised almost £4,000 since its launch last November.

“Early treatment of scarlet fever with antibiotics is important to reduce the risk of a more serious infection and transmission to others.

The mother found her six-year-old son dead on the bathroom floor after contracting Streptococcus A

After starting to use antibiotics, children should be excused from school or nursery and adults should be exempt from work for the first 24 hours.”

Dr Colin Brown, deputy director of the UK Health Security Agency, added: “This year we are seeing more cases of group A strep than usual.

The bacteria usually cause a mild infection producing sore throat or scarlet fever that can be easily treated with antibiotics.

However, it is important for parents to be alert to the symptoms and seek medical attention as quickly as possible so that their child can be treated and we can prevent the infection from becoming serious.”

Rate This Article
Newsome
Add Comment

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!:

The mother found her six-year-old son dead on the bathroom floor after contracting Streptococcus A
The story of little Reuben and his loving brother Harry went viral and touched the hearts of people all over the Internet